What is roll forming?
Roll forming looks easy, but it is an advanced production technology.
- Roll formed profiles are produced by bending materials in many small steps according to the flat strip in - finished product out principle.
- When roll forming, strip stock is fed through a series of shaft pairs with consecutive contoured rollers.
- The roll forming method is very gentle for both the profile material and tools.
- Roll forming is also well suited for ultra high strength materials, where material utilisation is at a maximum.
- Roll forming allows various secondary operations, where everything from punching and laser welding to assembly can take place directly in a production line.